I just got an email from Zaycon letting me know that we can order Zaycon ground beef again. They have increased their prices by just 50¢ per pound…but this is still an amazing deal considering the prices at the grocery store!
Here are the details in my email:
- LFTB Free (no pink slime)
- The beef cattle have a grass diet which is supplemented by grain after they reach approximately 700 pounds.
- There are no hormones or antibiotics in the beef and it is 100% grown in the USA.
- There are no chemicals, additives or water added to meat during processing.
- Processed at a USDA-inspected, state-of-the-art plant employing strict operating protocols (including HACCP) and the highest in food-safety standards
- Prior to processing, inspectors from the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service randomly sample cattle under a monitoring plan and perform testing for antibiotic residues.
- USDA nutrition labeling standards defines “extra lean” and “lean” ground beef based on the lean/fat ratio. While not part of these guidelines, the term “super lean” is often used in the grocery sector to describe ground beef at the upper end of the “lean” category (i.e., “Zaycon Foods 93/7 Super Lean Ground Beef”). This ground beef product is 93% lean and 7% fat
- Comes in a 40-lb case with four 10-lb chubs per case
- Just $3.99/lb
Head over and grab your case if you need it.