January 26, 2012
Today at Home.Woot, they are offering a 4 pack of the Philips EnergySaver Dusk-to-Dawn Light Bulb with Photosensor for $12.99 + $5 shipping.
When we built our second garage I searched and searched for a decent looking light. My husband insisted on a motion sensor for the garages. If you have ever had to buy one, you know that there are very few available and of those even fewer are at all attractive.
I finally settled on some basic black fixtures that weren’t hideous but they definitely would not have been what I would have gone with if I were not stuck having to go with the motion sensor style.
Had I known these bulbs existed I could have got whatever fixtures my heart desired!! I have to tell you guys, I am very tempted to get these and tell my husband that we are going to get the fixtures that I wanted!
Here are the details on these bulbs:
- The Philips EnergySaver 14-Watt Dawn-to-Dusk Fluorescent Postlight CFL Bulb has a built-in sensor that detects daylight and turns the bulb on in the evening and off in the mornings
- This light can be used to replace your home or business’s current 60-watt post light or for outdoor security lighting applications
- Uses 75% less energy compared to a standard incandescent light bulb
- Rotating base allows bulb to be positioned so photosensor faces daylight
- Lasts up to 8000 hours
- Spiral shape with a medium base
- Do not use with dimmers
- 14-Watt (equivalent to a 60 watt standard incandescent light bulb)
- Set includes (4) light bulbs